Re: [pcre-dev] pcrecpp_unittest failed in 7.2 on Mingw32

Author: Sheri
To: Philip Hazel, pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] pcrecpp_unittest failed in 7.2 on Mingw32
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jul 2007, andy wang wrote:
>

>> Hi, Philip
>>
>> Sorry to bother you but I can't find user group or mail list to post
>> this problem.
>>

> For future reference: pcre-dev@???. I'm copying this reply to the
> list.
>

>> I download the pcre-7.2 on www.pcre.org and compiled on Mingw32+XP.
>> After fixed a minor problem (replace dllimport with dllexport in
>> pcreposix.h) now it works fine.
>>

> To others on this list: Is this an change that should be made to the
> base source? By comparison with pcre.h, it might be that the correct
> change would be to wrap this code in #ifndef PCRE_EXP_DECL instead. [As
> most of you know, I have no way of testing Windows things.]

Is there a copy of edited pcreposix.h file somewhere or one modified as
you suggest Philip? I compile on Mingw32+XP. (I think there was a recent
update to Mingw32, I'm still running the old one). Maybe this fixes the
pcreposix unresolved reference during compile? Doubt it would have any
affect on our app's failure to return result to pcre from pattern
callouts anymore without crashing (would be nice to find a solution for
that - latest that worked in XP was PCRE 7.1, latest that worked in
Win2K was PCRE 7.0).

Regards,
Sheri