Re: [exim] Exim Mail Import

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim Mail Import
On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 06:29:36AM -0400, cfaust-dougot wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We are moving to a new ISP and switch mail servers from Exchange to Exim.
> There is nothing special on the exchange server (no calendar or lists or
> anything like that).
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can get the messages moved over?

It depends - where do you intend to store the messages, once you are no longer
using Exchange? Also, how do you propose to allow users to collect their
mail? Exim neither stores messages, nor provides a way for users to collect
mail.

For example, you might choose to store the mail in Maildir folders, and use
IMAP (provided by a separate IMAP server) to give access to the users.

Choosing the best way to move the messages also depends on how many users you
have to move, and how complex their folder structure is - e.g. do they all
have just one folder ("Inbox") each, or do they have hundreds of folders each,
or something in between?

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet Limited, registered in England #03053650 at Norfolk House,