Re: [exim] exim confused by unexpected multiline response

Página Inicial
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
Para: David S. Madole
CC: 'exim-users'
Assunto: Re: [exim] exim confused by unexpected multiline response
David S. Madole <david@???> (Mo 25 Jun 2007 18:47:00 CEST):

> The umlaut does not seem to be significant in the problem, but the
> line break is. Continuation lines in SMTP need to be prefixed with a
> continuation response code, in this case "550-". My best guess is that
> someone thinks that the correct continuation method is a line prefixed
> with whitespace as though it were a message header.

Yep. It's what I explained them.

> The remote server really is broken. I'm not sure what could be done to
> fix it except as you note, to hack Exim, perhaps making it take lines
> starting with whitespace as continuations of the previous line. If
> this was a really widespread implementation issue, I could maybe
> possibly see adding a (non-default) option for that, but you can't
> accomodate every broken server out there.

Probably you're right.

> Have you tried contacting them about this? This is certainly a local
> configuration issue, not a Qmail problem.

Meanwhile I managed to contact them and they will revisite (?) their
configuration, as the german text is obvisously created by some local
admin on their side.

But thank you for your response - It encourages me in my discussion with
them :)

    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -