Re: [pcre-dev] is this a BUG in PCRE 7.0 ?

Author: Nuno Lopes
To: pcre-dev
CC: Rain Chen
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] is this a BUG in PCRE 7.0 ?
>> If RC2 does indeed fix the problems you are seeing, then I guess it's
>> worth it. I will try to get the proper release out as soon as I can. I'm
>> doing stuff today. Maybe by next week...
>
> I haven't tried RC2 yet. RC1 does crash, but the post mentioned by Viktor
> leaves me confident that the problem might be fixed.
> On my end it'll have to wait until next week anyway (because of university
> exams..), so if the release comes on time, the better :)

OK, the curiosity is terrible..
I confirm that PCRE 7.2 RC2 fixes the problem :-)

What I've also noted is that now SUPPORT_UCP and SUPPORT_UTF8 are off by
default (at least in the config.h.generic file). This was changed from RC1
to RC2. Any special reason or was it just overlooked (I really think
everything should be on by default)?

Nuno