Re: [pcre-dev] is this a BUG in PCRE 7.0 ?

Author: Nuno Lopes
To: pcre-dev
CC: Rain Chen
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] is this a BUG in PCRE 7.0 ?
>> That means that there are no unfixed known bugs and the only changes will
>> be
>> new features? If yes, I think I can bundle the RC2 quickly (there's
>> always
>> the stigma attached with non-release versions, but I think I can handle
>> that..).
>
> That is essentially true, except that (1) There is an unfixed known doc
> bug in the man page for pcre_fullinfo (it is missing a couple of
> options) and (2) There is the potential C++ bug that I have sent off to
> Google for evaluation.

That's enough for me, as we don't use the C++ wrapper and PHP users don't
care about internal stuff (i.e. docs/code) either.

> If RC2 does indeed fix the problems you are seeing, then I guess it's
> worth it. I will try to get the proper release out as soon as I can. I'm
> doing stuff today. Maybe by next week...

I haven't tried RC2 yet. RC1 does crash, but the post mentioned by Viktor
leaves me confident that the problem might be fixed.
On my end it'll have to wait until next week anyway (because of university
exams..), so if the release comes on time, the better :)

Thanks,
Nuno