Re: [exim] What would you tell the CIO in an "ABCs of Email"…

Author: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: Esther Schindler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] What would you tell the CIO in an "ABCs of Email"overview?
On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 12:36 -0700, Esther Schindler wrote:
> In other words, if your CIO had an
> email ephiphany and asked you to give a half-hour presentation, what
> would you include?

the single most common question seems to me to be "Why did I receive
this message when I'm not listed in the To-header?"

an e-mail ABC should explain that the ONLY thing used for e-mail routing
is the envelope. furthermore, the ABC should make clear that ANYTHING
in the e-mail message itself is suspect and possibly forged, except
content which has been signed using S/MIME, PGP or DKIM (or the last
couple of Received which has been added by your local server).

it might be good to include some information about what kinds of direct
marketing using e-mail is allowed, too. however, this is such a big
topic if you want to include multiple jurisdiction, that you may want to
leave it alone.

--
Kjetil T.