Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data

Author: Bob Rossi
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data
On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 10:10:13AM -0400, Sheri wrote:
> Bob Rossi wrote:
> > On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 09:44:09AM -0400, Sheri wrote:
> >

> >> Would be happy to try it on Windows, but think I would need a beta
> >> release. Bob said autogen.sh doesn't work properly on mingw.
> >>

> > I'll retry today. Do you have cygwin installed? If so, you can do a
> > checkout, and then run ./autogen.sh from a cygwin shell. Then you can
> > run ./configure from the msys shell.
> >
> > Bob Rossi
> >

> No, I have Msys. Also Interix, but will probably be uninstalling that
> soon. It could no doubt be done in Interix by cross compiling, but I
> don't know the syntax. If you wanted to make Windows dlls from a true
> Unix environment, what would be arguments for ./configure ?

Hi Sheri,

It's not quite that simple. You need to first install a mingw cross
compiler. Then you need to setup all the w32api and other stuff. After
doing all that, the configure would just work most likely. I haven't
done this yet, so I can't tell you the exact steps to take.

If you are running a new distro like ubuntu, they usually have a mingw
cross compiler and the other packages already available. In that case,
try ./configure --build=i386-pc-linux --host=i686-pc-mingw32 followed
by the normal arguments.

Bob Rossi