Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data

Author: Sheri
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data
Bob Rossi wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 09:44:09AM -0400, Sheri wrote:
>

>> Would be happy to try it on Windows, but think I would need a beta
>> release. Bob said autogen.sh doesn't work properly on mingw.
>>

> I'll retry today. Do you have cygwin installed? If so, you can do a
> checkout, and then run ./autogen.sh from a cygwin shell. Then you can
> run ./configure from the msys shell.
>
> Bob Rossi

No, I have Msys. Also Interix, but will probably be uninstalling that
soon. It could no doubt be done in Interix by cross compiling, but I
don't know the syntax. If you wanted to make Windows dlls from a true
Unix environment, what would be arguments for ./configure ? I haven't
even started the Interix (Korn) shell in months, I'd be willing to give
it a quick attempt, but not sure I could be successful even if I had the
right syntax. It does run gcc by default I think, but gcc thinks its in
Unix.

Regards,
Sheri