Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data

Author: Craig Silverstein
To: pcre-dev
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data
} I have, therefore, done it "by steam" in the configure.ac file. (If
} CFLAGS is not set on the command line and it ends up as "-g -O2",
} reset it to just "-O2", or if it ends up -g, reset it empty, and
} likewise for CXXFLAGS.)

Hmm, you may want to consider instead, just adding "-S" to the link
command in Makefile.am. This is a bit less hacky solution, and
should provide the same end result (no debugging information in the
.a/.so). It also keeps the "debug" location for all addresses, making
it easier to debug pcre with a core file.

-S may be a gnu-ld-specific feature, which means that we may want to
test for its existence in configure.ac, and only use it (in
Makefile.am), if ld supports it.

craig