Re: [exim] All hotmail e-mail timing out

Author: ben.tanner
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] All hotmail e-mail timing out
As a slight aside (and not strictly exim!),

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/01/hotmail_friendly_fire/

This has been affecting a number of domains I deal with, and was a
source of much bewilderment, as I couldn't track down any issues with
the MTAs at my end.

> (apart from source port 53, which is let thru at the present time)

Here we've noticed that we were unable to fetch hotmail's MX records
with BIND set to query on source port 53, resulting in a large backlog
of mail for hotmail and associated domains. The reason for us using
source port 53 is, sadly, long lost in the mists of time, so hopefully
nothing is broken.

It seems that most of these changes to hotmail have happened in the last
8/9 days.

Thanks,

Ben
--