Re: [exim] Help

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Help
Rohit Sakalle wrote:
> Hello ,
>
>    I am a student Studying  about Exim for knowledge purpose. I came across
> this function local_scan.c. I want to know  that how basically this
> function i.e. dccifd_client.c     as local_scan function works.  Kindly tell
> me how this function basically works and how this function gets called, I
> know it's executed just before MTA is about to accept the mail. If you could
> explain me that will be a real help as that will appease my curiosity.
> Please don't dissapoint me. For you convenience I am attaching the code too.
> Any body who have idea about this kindly reply me to this id
> rohitsakalle@???

> Thanks and Regards

After looking for about 2 microns, I found this little gem.

42. Adding a local scan function to Exim
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.67/doc/html/spec_html/ch42.html

This includes the full API for programming, when it is called, and what
information is available to you.

Most addons that did use the local scan function have moved to ACL
integration. Check out Chapter 41 for content scanning at ACL time.
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.67/doc/html/spec_html/ch41.html

--
What's the point of having a manual if no one reads it?