Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sheri
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Sheri wrote:

> RunTest.bat has test3 rem'ed out. No wonder when I run it, only results
> with no differences get shown! Test3 would have all those French locale
> differences.

I'll do whatever anybody wants with that.

Locale differences have always been a pain with regard to testing. I
have a note that one way forward might be for pcretest to have an
inbuilt set of character tables for some non-default locale (e.g.
French) and use them for testing, rather than whatever the local OS
happens to have. That way there would be consistency. (Or maybe add a
feature that loads a distributed testing set of tables.)

> Built 7.1 with default newline-is-anycrlf. All seems well.
> There is no def file in the distribution. That may cause some
> consternation for Windows users. Hopefully more Windows users will find
> their way to the list since it is mentioned in the README. NEWS says
> there was previously only one shared library built for Windows. That's
> not true, there were three. It's just that before they were linked
> differently and each of them could function independently.

Ah, OK, I'll change that for the next release.

> As planned, I used those added commands to get a pcre.dll like the old
> one (plus coff).

Glad to know that all works.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.