Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data

Author: Sheri
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] coff file info and data
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Bob Rossi wrote:
>

>> Yes, that is correct. There are 2 known issues from Sheri. Getting a dll
>> with the name pcre.dll and running the test suite on mingw. As you said,
>> we should be able to get both of those to work, but there doesn't seem
>> to be a reason to hold up the release for it.
>>

> OK, I've done it. I've put out a 7.1 release. We can now move forward
> from there.
>
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/pcre-7.1.tar.gz
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/pcre-7.1.tar.bz2
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programming/pcre/pcre-7.1.zip
>
> Philip

Looking good, a few observations...

RunTest.bat has test3 rem'ed out. No wonder when I run it, only results
with no differences get shown! Test3 would have all those French locale
differences. Built 7.1 with default newline-is-anycrlf. All seems well.
There is no def file in the distribution. That may cause some
consternation for Windows users. Hopefully more Windows users will find
their way to the list since it is mentioned in the README. NEWS says
there was previously only one shared library built for Windows. That's
not true, there were three. It's just that before they were linked
differently and each of them could function independently.

As planned, I used those added commands to get a pcre.dll like the old
one (plus coff).

Regards,
Sheri