Re: [exim] Exim4 and pop3

Author: Arthur Hagen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 and pop3
On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 20:43 +0200, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> Please stay on-list so that others can contribute to, and benefit from, the
> thread. And please don't top-post.
>
> On Sunday 22 April 2007 17:33, you stated the following:
> > My service provider does offer ETRN = any walkthroughs about how-to get it
> > working
>
> Okay ... well, Exim doesn't actually support ETRN in that direction. Perhaps
> you can write a simple perl script that uses Net::SMTP or Net::SMTP_auth.

Or use ESR's fetchmail, the swiss army knife for getting mail to your
server. Example /etc/sendmail.conf for ETRN use that will do an ETRN on
the remote server every 10 minutes:

--- cut here ---
set daemon 600
set syslog

poll remote.mailserver.example with proto ETRN
        fetchdomains localdomain.example
--- cut here ---

If the remote mail server only allows ETRN from authenticated users, see
the man page for details on how to set up authentication.

Regards,
--
*Art