Re: [exim] Exim4 and pop3

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim4 and pop3
On Sunday 22 April 2007 16:36, Hannibal Ndlovu wrote:
> I am Running Debian 3.1 and Exim4 = i am using a smarthost and am able to
> send mail out but i am unabloe to recieve it. I would like to know if there
> is anyone that can tell me how to setup ETRN on my server.

Does your provider offer ETRN? ETRN is a bit tricky and requires that the
other server wants to cooperate. In any case it's only useful if you have an
intermittent internet connection.

> I would also
> like to know which is the best and simplest POP3 package to attach to Exim4
> is i have tried dovecot but its giving me problems.

I'm curious as to what problems you're getting with Dovecot, but don't answer
here - post to the Dovecot list instead.

> I would also like to
> why and how to stop my exim4 sending local mail to my smarthost instead of
> just sending it to my local user (/var/mail/$user)

Probably because you haven't configured your local domains correctly (the
question about "Other destinations for which mail is accepted"). Please ask
further questions on the Debian-specific mailing list.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)