Re: [exim] Matching Domains against a file list

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Matching Domains against a file list
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Trying to match a domain against a list of domains in a file and it
> doesn't seem to be working. Here's my list:
>
> hotmail.*
> yahoo.*
> excite.com
> myspace.com
> aol.*
> lycos.*
> msn.com
> compuserve.com
> gmail.com
> juno.com
> hotpop.com
> walla.com
> mail.*
> fastmail.*
> myway.com
>
> From what I can tell partial-dbm doesn't like the wild cards on the
> end. What's the best way to handle this in an ACL?

The data used in (n)wildlsearch looks about right.. except that the
wildcard part is at the start and not the end, however you should be
able to use the string expanded wildlsearch to get what you want.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.66/doc/html/spec_html/ch09.html#SECTsinglekeylookups

Warning: Unlike most other single-key lookup types, a file of data for
(n)wildlsearch can not be turned into a DBM or cdb file, because those
lookup types support only literal keys.

Ted.