Re: [exim] Converting SRS to Normal

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Peter Bowyer
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Converting SRS to Normal

Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 22/04/07, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
>

>> I'm looking for the REAL sender. The sender the way it originally went out
>> before pobox.com changed it. I want the ORIGINAL sender.
>>

> As I said, no dice. pobox.com is the sender. Since they've taken
> responsibility for the message by putting their domain in the
> envelope, it's their message you're receiving. Any relationship with a
> previous sender is their business.
>
> This is, of course, a good thing - because they're also saying that if
> you have a problem with the message you can go to them with it.
>
> You can't have it both ways.....
>
> Peter

You can keep saying that by in this case pobox is the forwarder who is
changing the sender to themselves by mangling the headers. My definition
of the sender is the ORIGINAL sender. I want to know, for example, if it
was a yahoo message. If so, and it's spam, I'm going to deliver it to
abuse@???. But when pobox.com mangles the headers with SRS then I
can't report yahoo's spam because the message doesn't apprear to come
from yahoo.