Re: [exim] Host IP -> Abuse Address

Author: Richard Clayton
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Host IP -> Abuse Address
In message <46203435.2010708@???>, Marc Perkel <marc@???>
writes

>Is that any algorithm that one could code in Exim that would take an IP
>address and look up the abuse address for that IP?

there is no algorithm that works everywhere...

... but if you look at http://www.abuse.net/ then at least you'll
just make the same errors as everyone else does!

>I'm thinking that
>once I detect paypal phishing I could automatically report it.

FSVO "detect" ... (still at least PayPal signs the real stuff, so it's
a question of correctly deducing that it's an impersonation)

anyway, for goodness sake, ensure that you rate limit what you send!

- --
richard                                              Richard Clayton

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.         Benjamin Franklin