Re: [exim] Hide or rewrite particular flags in the header.

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Hide or rewrite particular flags in the header.
Frederic d Huart wrote:
> Does somebody knows how to configure exim to rewrite or hide certain
> parts of the SMTP header in a message as for example:
>
> An internal smtp server (using a private ip) use an certain Relay server
> for outgoing delivery. Once the mail delivered, you can see the Internal
> Private IP in the Header HELO part.

> the server name that I want to rewrite or hide
>     by ex2.amp2.le2 with esmtp (Exim 4.xx)
>     (envelope-from <id@???>)
>     id 1HcK8S-0001T1-IK
>     for id2@???; Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:40:25 +0200

Assuming that exim is running your outbound relay, you
can specify what Received: header gets added there.

Look for "received_header_text" in
http://exim.org/exim-html-4.66/doc/html/spec_html/ch14.html

This assumes that all your internal systems talk
directly to that relay. Be aware that you may
be making your debugging life harder by obscuring
this information.

Cheers,
Jeremy