Re: [exim] Setting Reply-To automatically for all list mail(…

Autor: Arthur Hagen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Setting Reply-To automatically for all list mail(wasRe: Domain Keys)
On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 16:20 -0400, Marc Sherman wrote:
> Arthur Hagen wrote:
> >
> > Very useful! I'll modify it slightly to check whether $localpart allows
> > this, because I don't believe in modifying emails (besides adding
> > required but missing and X- headers) unless the user opts in on it.
>
> The local user already has to opt in to this by creating their own
> ~/.list-folders file. Both routers have a require_files to check that.

I have mail-only users without their own unique home directories, and
additional mail accounts who use the main account's $HOME, so
~/.list-folders wouldn't be unique for either. I was thinking I could
store this in a different lookup system (like NIS, which I use for
storing gecos names, aliases and a global forward file anyhow).

> There's one hack to pay attention to in the remote_list router, which is
> that it can't use check_local_user, and therefore can't use $home, so it
> has the real value of $home hardcoded (as /home/$authenticated_id/).

There's also a $home/Maildir/ reference, which won't work here. But it
gives me a good basis for hacking up my own, which is quite useful.
Thanks!

> Unless I misunderstand what you're talking about?

Who knows -- I misunderstand myself most days, so that's quite possible.
Just because I know a lot about communication doesn't mean I'm good at
communicating. :-)

Regards,
--
*Art