Re: [exim] Domain Keys

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Domain Keys
On Tuesday 10 April 2007 20:24, Arthur Hagen wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 19:24 +0200, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> > I think it's commonly accepted that there are two kinds of replies you
> > can make to a list posting: A list reply or followup, and a personal
> > reply. Which one does Reply-To refer to?
>
> What's a "list reply"? That's not a standard MUA function, and indeed
> none of the MUAs I use have that. Assuming that it exists on the other
> end is an error.

But the one I use has one, and it's a feature that *all* MUAs *should* have.

> > The fact is: The semantics of Reply-To is ambiguous and there is no good
> > way to tell the MUAs of others' whether you want to be CCd.
>
> No, but there's nowhere else to specify the mailing list address, and it
> has to be specified *somewhere* if you want replies to hit the list at
> all.

There is. The List-Post header field. List-Post, List-Id, List-Unsubscribe
etc. are standard fields. They tell the MUA that the message at hand is a
mailing list message (and Precedence: list, but that one doesn't say *which*
list).

> When replying to you, I have to change the To: address manually to get
> the reply to go to the list and not you. There's no such problems when
> replying to e.g. Phil Hazel.

Please be a part of the correct solution by requesting that the Evolution
developers add a Reply to List feature instead of demanding that others stop
encouraging progress.

> Oh, and what's the purpose of the GPG signing of your emails, when
> there's no way to reliably obtain your public key? That's just wasting
> people's bandwidth -- anyone can send an email claiming to be for you
> and sign it with a key claiming to be yours.

You're wrong. My public key is available from the standard keyserver network.
wwwkeys.*.pgp.net, pgp.mit.edu, search.keyserver.net, and other servers that
exchange keys with them. And it's signed by several people too.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)