Re: [exim] $header_* not defined in router?

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Peter Bowyer, exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] $header_* not defined in router?

--On 2 April 2007 20:03:19 +0100 Peter Bowyer <peter@???> wrote:

>> /me wonders why nobody told me that.
>
> /me suggests you lose the attitude when asking for help.
>
> Peter

Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to ask. The answer is that the
"that" he refers to depends on context that wasn't supplied.

"Attitude" would have been expressed by tone of voice. Clearly, that wasn't
supplied either. Here, plausible tones that you could have supplied as a
reader were "puzzlement" or "sarcasm". I think it's a shame that you opted
to hear "sarcasm". Some may argue that the writer should have done more to
express puzzlement, I suppose.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex