Re: [exim] $header_* not defined in router?

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] $header_* not defined in router?
On 03/04/07, Ian Eiloart <iane@???> wrote:

> --On 2 April 2007 20:03:19 +0100 Peter Bowyer <peter@???> wrote:
>

> >> /me wonders why nobody told me that.
> >
> > /me suggests you lose the attitude when asking for help.
> >
> > Peter
> >

> Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to ask. The answer is that the
> "that" he refers to depends on context that wasn't supplied.
>
> "Attitude" would have been expressed by tone of voice. Clearly, that wasn't
> supplied either. Here, plausible tones that you could have supplied as a
> reader were "puzzlement" or "sarcasm". I think it's a shame that you opted
> to hear "sarcasm". Some may argue that the writer should have done more to
> express puzzlement, I suppose.

I made that determination based on accumulated evidence from earlier
posts, where he described a behaviour of Exim that he had
misunderstood as 'rediculous' (sic). Such an approach always gets my
back up :-)

No need to drag it out, though, as normal service has been resumed.

/me writing 100 times "be more tolerant of posters" Bart Simpson-style

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???