Re: [exim] X-headers based routing

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] X-headers based routing
On 03/04/07, Ian Eiloart <iane@???> wrote:

> --On 2 April 2007 18:14:17 +0200 Carlo Wood <carlo@???> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 06:04:45PM +0300, Michael Zanin wrote:
> >> Dear Collegues,
> >>
> >> before two suns will meet together in my head,
> >>
> >> Is it possible to route messages on the base of
> >>
> >>         " X-headers "

> > This is exactly what I need too.
> > No matter what I tried, it seems that $header_* is not defined/usable
> > in a router definition :/ (See my previous mail)
> >
> > --
> > Carlo Wood <carlo@???>
>
> The problem with this (in most environments) is that you can only route a
> message to one location based on the headers. In most environments, you
> want to route according to the recipient address (not necessarily the
> domain).

I think what the OP is trying to do is make smarthost determination
based on the contents of a header - which should be eminently do-able
provided the router concerned is set to verify=no and he supplies a
'dummy' router for recipient verification.

> It may be that email headers aren't available during routing, for that
> reason.

They are - the confusion was that they're not available during
recipient verification for obvious reasons.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???