[exim] $header_* not defined in router?

Author: Carlo Wood
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] $header_* not defined in router?
Hi,

I am trying to route mail as function of the existance of a header.
Because everything is failing so far, I am doing tests. My latest
test is:

spamtest:
  debug_print = "R: spamtest for $domain"
  domains = "${if exists{CONFDIR/hubbed_hosts}\
                   {partial-lsearch;CONFDIR/hubbed_hosts}\
              fail}"
  condition = ${if match {$h_To}{^.*@???} {1}}
  driver = manualroute
  same_domain_copy_routing = yes
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_data = ${lookup{$domain}partial-lsearch{CONFDIR/hubbed_hosts}}

Where the test is the 'condition' line that I
picked up from http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20040223/msg00211.html

The result of this is:

failed to expand condition "${if match {$h_To}{^.*@???} {1}}" for spamtest router: missing 2nd string in {} after "match"

PS I deliberately left out the backslash in front of the ".com".

I have tried a LOT of other ways to use/expand $h_*: and my conclusion
is that $header_ cannot be used in this router definition.

Can someone please help me?
How can I set a condition for this router that tests if the
header 'Resent-From: xyz' is set?

The following condition also fails:

condition = ${if def:header_To: {yes}{no}}

with as result:

checking "condition"
spamtest router skipped: condition failure

Here is how I test this (faking a spam mail delivery)

exim -d -v -bnq -bs -oMa 201.53.35.228 -oMr smtp < ~carlo/spammail1 2> /tmp/output

Where ~carlo/spammail1 contains:

HELO 1wvy5i2
MAIL FROM: kbriggs_mu@???
RCPT TO: carlo@???