Re: [exim] incoming data timeouts

Author: Ryan Cartwright
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] incoming data timeouts
On Monday 02 April 2007 16:40, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> Just a wild guess....
> Does the sending site have a Cisco PIX in the data stream? If so get
> them to insert it completely into the orifice of choice belonging to
> the person owning the box.... or alternatively switch off SMTP fixup.
>
>     Nigel.
> --
> [ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@???
> ] [ - Comments in this message are my own and not ITO opinion/policy
> - ]

Not sure if they do (it's local government so just reaching them is nigh
on impossible). That said the fact that their server calls
itself "barracuda.merton.gov.uk #4.0.0 X-Spam-Firewall" did make me
wonder if they were doing content scanning during SMTP and thus the
timeouts occur.

The remote sender says their IT people claim it only happens when
sending to us which I take to possibly mean nobody else has noticed or
raised it yet.

thanks
Ryan