Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG

Author: Vladimir Koshelenko
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [exim] Using RBLs
Subject: Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG
Здравствуйте.

В сообщении от 30 марта 2007 Ian Eiloart написал(a):
> --On 29 March 2007 08:06:39 -0700 Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> > We know it's not useful but there are a lot of admins out there who
> > don't know it and will end up blocking our servers because their
> > blacklist is listed on places like DNSstuff along with all the
> > legitimate lists.
>
> And that's a pain in the butt, because it makes work for us. For example,
> some of my users (university staff) were unable to contact the schools that
> their children attend. It took work for me to persuade the remote admins to
> stop using a particular RBL.
>
> It's also a frequently asked question here: "which RBLs should I use?"
>
> Is there a central, trusted resource for evaluating RBLs? Would a page on
> the wiki be useful? I'd like something authoritative that I can point
> remote admins to.

Personally, I use zen.spamhaus.org
You can use *any* RBL - just do not block mail, if you do not want to lost
mail. Try to impose delay 20s after every SMTP command if sender sits in RBL.
Most spammers will not deal with such slow server.

Example:

acl_check_connect:

   warn
        dnslists          = zen.spamhaus.org
        set acl_c_delay   = true
   accept
        set acl_c_wait = ${if def:acl_c_delay {20}{0}}
        delay          = ${acl_c_wait}s

and in every ACL add this instead plain accept: