Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Marc Perkel, exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG

--On 29 March 2007 08:06:39 -0700 Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:

> We know it's not useful but there are a lot of admins out there who
> don't know it and will end up blocking our servers because their
> blacklist is listed on places like DNSstuff along with all the
> legitimate lists.

And that's a pain in the butt, because it makes work for us. For example,
some of my users (university staff) were unable to contact the schools that
their children attend. It took work for me to persuade the remote admins to
stop using a particular RBL.

It's also a frequently asked question here: "which RBLs should I use?"

Is there a central, trusted resource for evaluating RBLs? Would a page on
the wiki be useful? I'd like something authoritative that I can point
remote admins to.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex