Re: [exim] Rejecting based on domain keys

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Magnus Holmgren, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rejecting based on domain keys

--On 30 March 2007 00:04:52 +0200 Magnus Holmgren <holmgren@???>
wrote:

> On Thursday 29 March 2007 23:27, Marc Perkel wrote:
>> If a domain has a policy of signsall=1 and there is no signature - is
>> that good enough to reject the email?
>
> That's up to you if you think that every domain that declares that policy
> actually follows it. Maybe the probability is greater than for domains
> with SPF records ending in "-all".

Actually, it's not a question of "following" the policy, but of enforcing
it. If a domain published that policy, they'd also want to pursuade their
users to use their MSA hosts to send mail (instead of the users ISPs, etc).
The thing is, the domain owner can't enforce anything on email that doesn't
flow through their hosts. That's where they require you to do their
enforcement for them.

If a site says "signsall=1", then you should reject anything that breaks
the policy, and refer complainants to the domain owner.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex