Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG
* on the Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 12:48:12PM +0100, Peter Bowyer wrote:

>> Perhaps. I've not checked, but I don't recall any discussion of RBLs
>> listing (or claiming to list) servers *because* they do sender address
>> verification callouts. I'm grateful to Marc for alerting us to this. I also
>> think its interesting to find out something about the RBL, and the people
>> behind it (including what disinformation is out there).
> As Marc mentioned, uceprotect definitely do that - he's had a spat
> with them before which was discussed on this list.
>
> http://www.uceprotect.net/en/index.php?m=10&s=13
>
> They also think that SRS is abusive - the logic behind that escapes me.

server:~# host yahoo.com.l1.apews.rhsbl.uceprotect.net
yahoo.com.l1.apews.rhsbl.uceprotect.net has address 127.0.0.2
server:~# host yahoo.co.uk.l1.apews.rhsbl.uceprotect.net
yahoo.co.uk.l1.apews.rhsbl.uceprotect.net has address 127.0.0.2
server:~#

The fact that APEWS list Yahoo is reason enough for me to not take
them seriously. Personally I wouldn't care if they listed my domains or
IP addresses.

Mike