Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG

Author: David Chait
To: Mike Cardwell
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG
server:~# host yahoo.com.l1.apews.rhsbl.uceprotect.net
> yahoo.com.l1.apews.rhsbl.uceprotect.net has address 127.0.0.2
> server:~# host yahoo.co.uk.l1.apews.rhsbl.uceprotect.net
> yahoo.co.uk.l1.apews.rhsbl.uceprotect.net has address 127.0.0.2
> server:~#
>
> The fact that APEWS list Yahoo is reason enough for me to not take
> them seriously. Personally I wouldn't care if they listed my domains or
> IP addresses.
>
> Mike

I tend to agree, the real power behind a blocklist is the size and
composition of it's user base, no corporation in it's right mind would
implement such a restrictive filter as it would catch a lot of
legitimate mail. Who really cares if a few zealots with whom you have no
contact have you blocked? I certainly wouldn't.

-David