Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG

Author: James Price
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG
Just my 2 cents...

A server's use of a RBL is strictly voluntary, the people blocking your
server's mail seem to have configured the use of apews.org, so rather than
ask the exim-users list why you're listed, follow the apews.org delisting
procedures, or ask the receiving party why they're 1. Using apews.org for
rbl and/or 2. Ask them to white list your server or domain.

Please reference: http://www.apews.org/?page=why
Not exim-users

Excerpt from that page:
"However you found us, bear in mind that if any network has rejected your
email or other connections based on the APEWS list, it has deliberately
chosen to do so."

"We do not control the network traffic on anyone else's servers; therefore,
we are not the ones rejecting your email, the mailserver you attempted to
send email to generated the bounce."

Here here!

Again, not that I have a personal opinion on the practice of using RBL's,
which ones are better and which ones are bogus, but I hardly think a mailing
list for a popular MTA is the place to discuss the politics of a particular
RBL or their use in general. It's a choice of the mail server admin based
upon their particular network's policy.

Thanks,
James