Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Who is APEWS.ORG

Marc Perkel wrote:

> Renaud Allard wrote:
>> Marc Perkel wrote:

>>> The reason it's Exim related is because these two blacklists uceprotect
>>> and apews are listing Exim servers that use sender verification.
>>>

>> They don't seem to block any of my servers using sender verification.
>>
>> Maybe they block you because you are spamming this list frequently :D
>>
>> Jokes apart, how do you know for sure they are blocking you for use of
>> sender verification? They are listing you because of "Systems running
>> abusive Spamdefense on other systems expense. (CR, SAV
>> or similar crap)". That may mean many different things. Maybe some of
>> your clients using you as their smarthost have some crap bouncing antivirus.
>>

> SAV mean Sender Address Verification.

Indeed, but that still does not prove they are blacklisting you for this
specific reason. Unless of course you've got a mail from them telling
you so.

Anyway, people blocking use of SAV are quite stupid. CR should really be
seen as spam as it sends real content to innocent people. SAV does not,
it just uses a little bit of your bandwidth to protect domains you own
from trivial spoofing. Yes, I know about mass joe jobs, but that's
something you have to be prepared for if you own a domain name and have
some care for it.