Re: [exim] emailsize

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: Stefan Klatt
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] emailsize
Quoting Stefan Klatt:

> Is
> maildir_tag = ,S=$message_size
> not enough? For maildir++ qouta it's good i think.

I guess so, if you only need it for quota, but I don't use quota, so I
don't know.

http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-February/019311.html

>> I wanted make up a fix for that in Exim, but did not get around to do
>> it. Hm, maybe filing a bug report would be a good start. :)
> Do it ;-)

done. Maybe I'll find the time to fix it myself.

> I think using of use_crlf is really bad in bigger installations. Use to
> much harddisk space.

As Nigel wrote, the effect is minimal, and it could even save
cpu-resources (by using sendfile), even though mailservers are usually
i/o-bound, not cpu-bound.