Re: [exim] emailsize

Author: Stefan Klatt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] emailsize
Hi Jakob,
>> has anybody a correct transportconfiguration for maildir with the size
>> (S=xxx and W=xxx) at email filenames ?
>
> I played with it a while ago, and the best I could come up with was this:
>
> vdeliver:
> driver = appendfile
> maildir_format
> use_crlf
> maildir_tag = 2,,W=$message_size
>
> I would have preferred to not have use_crlf, but dovecot expects the
> "virtual size" (bytes that will be sent) in W=xxx. The obvious thing
> to do that would be ${eval:$message_size+$message_linecount+1}, but
> $message_linecount (unlike $message_size) is not updated when headers
> are added etc., so that does not work. I wanted make up a fix for that
> in Exim, but did not get around to do it. Hm, maybe filing a bug
> report would be a good start. :)

Hmm.. Now i searched an test a little
Is

maildir_tag = ,S=$message_size

not enough? For maildir++ qouta it's good i think.
Dovecot calculate the size of W= on its own if it doesn't exist. This is
useful for pop3 in my humble opinion.

With use_crlf "S=" and "W=" are the same. Then you can use:

maildir_tag = ,S=$message_size,W=$message_size

Why do you use a "2" at the beginning of you maildir_tag?

> I wanted make up a fix for that in Exim, but did not get around to do

it. Hm, maybe filing a bug report would be a good start. :)
Do it ;-)
I think using of use_crlf is really bad in bigger installations. Use to
much harddisk space.

Mfg.
Stefan Klatt

--
CaC, Computer and Communication
Inhaber Stefan Klatt

Tel.: +49-(0)172-6807809
Tel.: +49-(0)69-67808-900
Email: stefan.klatt@???

begin:vcard
fn:Stefan Klatt
n:Klatt;Stefan
org:CaC
adr:;;Triftstrasse 9;Frankfurt;Hessen;60528;Germany
email;internet:stefan.klatt@???
title:Netzwerkspezialist
tel;cell:+49-172-6807809
version:2.1