Re: [exim] emailsize

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Stefan Klatt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] emailsize

On 27 Mar 2007, at 00:21, Stefan Klatt wrote:
> I think using of use_crlf is really bad in bigger installations. Use
> to much harddisk space.

It will only be around 2% - thats way down in the noise.

However if you do have cr/lf line endings on your message on disk you
can then use something like sendfile() to fire the message out to your
pop/imap client, rather than having to read the file in and sending it a
line at a time (buffered obviously) rewriting the line ends as you do
so. This is likely to be noticeable CPU saving by just handing the file
over to a kernel event interface to send out.

Optimisation for large systems can be a really complex issue....

     Nigel.