Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with

Góra strony
Autor: Craig Silverstein
Dla: bob_rossi
CC: pcre-dev
Nowe tematy: [pcre-dev] Replies to many
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with
} should be,
}   pcre_chartables.c: $(top_srcdir)/pcre_chartables.c.dist
}           cp $(top_srcdir)/pcre_chartables.c.dist pcre_chartables.c
} with that change it works properly.

Seems likely to me.  You could also do
   pcre_chartables.c: $(top_srcdir)/pcre_chartables.c.dist
           cp $< $@

since I think previous discussion indicated $< and $@ are safe for all
versions of make. :-)

Also, you may want to use 'cp -f'. I don't know what will happen on
all systems, if pcre_chartables.c already exists.

Philip: one thing you can do to test for stuff like this is to run
'make distcheck' before distributing. This does various things to
make sure the distribution ('make dist' output) is sane.

When I ran 'make distcheck' on my machine, I got the same error Bob
reported.

I also always do 'make -n install' to visually check that the right
stuff is being installed in the right place.

As for me, I ran the tests on my redhat 9 machine, with both
default and --enable-utf8. In both cases, all tests passed for me
without issue!

craig