Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with

Góra strony
Autor: Sheri
Dla: pcre-dev
Temat: Re: [pcre-dev] Here is pcre-7.1-RC2 for you to play with
Hi all,

I've joined the list. I classify myself as technical user,
non-programmer. I am currently working (i.e., volunteering :) ) with a
programmer on a regex project on Windows and out of necessity became
quasi acclimated to msys (I also made a forray into internix/wgcc as a
platform for compiling pcre -- but we were happier with the products
from msys.).

I have downloaded and compiled RC2 and ran the test bat file. I will say
that it was a pleasant surprise to get the exe outputs out of make (this
always failed with 7.0 in msys. I finally learned how to make pcretest
separately.

I am getting some discrepancies in testoutput with RC2; don't know if
they are anything to worry about, but would be happy to send along the
files with comparison differences (I compare visually with kdiff).
testoutput 1, 4, 8 and 9 all passed completely.

I was never able to get the french tests to pass in previous versions;
part of my research indicated that you cannot setlocale on Windows
without rebooting. Among other things I tried changing my windows
regional settings to french and rebooting and forcing maketables to
build a new table, but the french tests still never passed (and do not
pass on RC2 either). Did not build my own tables for RC2. Am glad this
is no longer necessary.

Various comparison discrepanies I have in RC2,

in test 2 there are numerous individual tests report "size disagreement".

e.g.,
Size disagreement: pcre_fullinfo=62 call to malloc for 0

also some differences in "Memory allocation (code space)"

Other miscellaneous differences

test 3

French tests

test 5

size disagreements and memory code space differences

test 6

size disagreements and memory code space differences

test 7

3 tests report "No Match" (all using callouts)
Below is my configure command, which I followed immediated by "make":

CFLAGS='-O3 -s' ./configure --enable-utf8 --enable-newline-is-any
--enable-unicode-properties --disable-stack-for-recursion
--disable-static --disable-cpp

Regards,
Sheri