Re: [exim] How to copy every accepted message to one mailbox…

Author: Marek Zawadzki
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to copy every accepted message to one mailbox (system-wide)?
On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 09:05:55AM +0300, Vladimir Koshelenko wrote:
[..]
> > I need this to have an employee to go through all emails everyday and sort
> > spam/ham out so it can be then fed to SpamAssasin via sa-learn.
> > I know it's going to be a tedious job, [..]
>
> Maybe it costs to read this wonderful document
>     http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Spam-Filtering-for-MX/
> And you will not need to filter spam manually.

Well, I filter spam at SMTP time already (using spamd), the problem
is in getting spam and ham to train SA.

So I figured I could have all mail copied by Exim to two mailboxes (spam and
notspam), and then have an employee to remove ham from spam and spam from
notspam and use these 2 to train SA.
The volume of mail is not that big that he couldn't spend 20 minutes every
morning to do that.

Unless you have a better idea (I'll think about imap, but it's just hard to
convince these Outlook folks to change anything, plus how do I get ham then?).

Thanks for all the replies so far.

-marek

--
It's ten o'clock. Do you know where your source code is?