Re: [exim] smtp_accept_queue_per_connection

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smtp_accept_queue_per_connection
* on the Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 10:19:19PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:

>> Can I ask why this is please? I had brief thoughts in the past of delivering
>> some mail via the Tor network. The only way I could think of doing
>> this was to queue all mail, then configure up tsocks to point at a Tor
>> daemon and run the queue runners inside that from cron...
> Nice idea.
> However, most of the tor exit nodes are probably blacklisted the hell
> and back.

The default Tor exit node policy is to deny outgoing port 25 connections.
The few Tor nodes that do allow it generally redirect your connection to
a local smtp server and run it through spam filtering before relay. They
know what they're doing, and are more aware of the issues than the
average mail admin.
I was thinking of using this in a more controlled environment than you're
thinking. Besides the list of Tor exit nodes is publically available, and
there is a dnsbl at tor.ahbl.org if you want to block them. The
maintainers of the Tor network *want* people to have the choice to block
Tor users. They just want the opportunity to convince them why they
shouldn't.

Anyway. This is going OT now... For those of you who have no idea what
we're talking about, see http://tor.eff.org/. I'll say no more on the
matter.

Mike