Re: [exim] smtp_accept_queue_per_connection

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] smtp_accept_queue_per_connection
* on the Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 04:34:41PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:

>> This reminds me of one machine I inherited where an hourly status report
>> always came in 15 minutes late. Checking, I found that the status
>> report was run at the top of the hour, and a /usr/lib/sendmail -qf cron
>> job was run at 0,15,30,45 past the hour. Changing the queue flush cron
>> to 1,16,31,46 fixed that problem. :-)
> With exim, it is a good idea not to start queue runners from cron.

Can I ask why this is please? I had brief thoughts in the past of delivering
some mail via the Tor network. The only way I could think of doing
this was to queue all mail, then configure up tsocks to point at a Tor
daemon and run the queue runners inside that from cron...

That reminds me. An "smtp_via_socks" driver would be nice. Anyone want
to slap that idea down, or "me too" it, before I wishlist it?

Mike