Re: [exim] Problem since upgrading spamassassin

Author: John Burnham
To: Richard Hobbs
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem since upgrading spamassassin

> Well, having looked at the URL you sent me, i found this:

>    Relevant changes since version 3.1.3:
>    =====================================
>    - bug 4966: fix major BSMTP bug, which rendered SA unusable
>      with exim4 when BSMTP is used.

> Is this the bug you were talking about, and if so, it looks
> like it was
> fixed after 3.1.3 (in 3.1.4), which means i should be fine when using
> 3.1.7, right?

Possibly. That's why I asked you to check with the Debian package maintainers to
see if that bug fix was included so we can eliminate that. Basically, I don't
see anything wrong with your Exim setup (except the use of routers - but we'll
agree to disagree there :) ), so that suggests a change in Spamassassin that's
causing this.
The other thing to check is that I believe the Perl modules necessary changed
between 3.0 and 3.1 - it might be worth checking that as well.