Re: [exim] Problem since upgrading spamassassin

Author: Richard Hobbs
To: John Burnham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem since upgrading spamassassin
Hello,

Well, having looked at the URL you sent me, i found this:

   Relevant changes since version 3.1.3:
   =====================================
   - bug 4966: fix major BSMTP bug, which rendered SA unusable
     with exim4 when BSMTP is used.

Is this the bug you were talking about, and if so, it looks like it was
fixed after 3.1.3 (in 3.1.4), which means i should be fine when using
3.1.7, right?

Thanks again,
Richard.

John Burnham wrote:
>> Yesterday, i upgraded SpamAssassin from "3.0.3-2sarge1" to
>> "3.1.7-1~bpo.1" on a Debian Sarge box, using the following repository:
>>
> The routers and transports seem fine. However, a quick check through a FreeBSD
> Spamassassin change log does reveal that a bug was introduced that gave problems
> with Exim, Spamassassin and BSMTP:
> http://pkgsrc.se/mail/spamassassin
> (bug 4966 in their numbering scheme)
>
> I'd check with the Debian package maintainers that this bug has been fixed in
> the release they've put out.

Richard Hobbs (Systems Administrator)
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. - Speech Technology Group
Email: richard.hobbs@???
Web: http://www.toshiba-europe.com/research/
Tel: +44 1223 376964        Mobile: +44 7811 803377