Re: [exim] Another question about SRS

Author: Luca Bertoncello
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Another question about SRS
"Peter Bowyer" <peter@???> schrieb:

> It doesn't need to save the hash - when your SRS reverse router spots
> a boiunce addressed to an SRS-rewritten address, it verifies and
> undoes the hash using your SRS secret. If the hash doesn't verify or
> has expired (according to options you can set in the config), it
> rejects the message.
>
> If the domain you're sending to uses sender verification callouts,
> this process should help them to verify the message, also.

Maybe I did something false... :(
I tried to create a forward to an external address that does not exists, and
then to send an E-Mail to this forward...
I expected, I will return a bounce to the original sender...
It seems not to be so...

It happens as following:

1) I send an E-Mail to the forward (for example: forward@mydomain)
2) My Exim receive this E-Mail and tries to resend it, rewriting the sender
(it becomes SRS0=XWYKL=IC=senderdomain.tld=localpart@???)
3) The other part says my Exim that the forward destination does not exists
4) My Exim tries to send the bounce to
SRS0=XWYKL=IC=senderdomain.tld=localpart@??? and fails, because
this address does not exist on my server...

Of course, this address does not exist on my server, but I expected my Exim
will get the real sender and send the bounce to him
(localpart@???), not to me...
Where is the misconfiguration?

Thanks a lot again!
--
Luca Bertoncello

IMS Internet-Media-Service GmbH
Bayrische Str. 18
01069 Dresden

Geschäftsführer: Axel C.E. Wittig
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Dresden HRB 12 899

Fon: +49 351 2112034
Fax: +49 351 2112020
E-Mail: bertoncello@???