Re: [exim] Another question about SRS

Author: Luca Bertoncello
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Another question about SRS
"Peter Bowyer" <peter@???> schrieb:

> It doesn't need to save the hash - when your SRS reverse router spots
> a boiunce addressed to an SRS-rewritten address, it verifies and
> undoes the hash using your SRS secret. If the hash doesn't verify or
> has expired (according to options you can set in the config), it
> rejects the message.

OK! In other words, if my Exim has to send a BOUNCE to an address with SRS
hash, it gets the real address from it.
And, if my Exim get an E-Mail for a SRS-rewritten-address (for example a
bounce), it checks if the hash is still valid.
Do I understood what you explained?

> If the domain you're sending to uses sender verification callouts,
> this process should help them to verify the message, also.

This is very strange...
I know that the destination of my forward DO sender verification, but I
didn't see anything with NGREP to check my SRS address...
Do you have an explanation for this strange thing?

Thanks a lot!
--
Luca Bertoncello

IMS Internet-Media-Service GmbH
Bayrische Str. 18
01069 Dresden

Geschäftsführer: Axel C.E. Wittig
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Dresden HRB 12 899

Fon: +49 351 2112034
Fax: +49 351 2112020
E-Mail: bertoncello@???