[exim] Another question about SRS

Author: Luca Bertoncello
To: Exim-Users ML
Subject: [exim] Another question about SRS
Hi @all!

With the good help of Peter Bowyer, I configured my Exim to use SRS.
It works, thank a lot again, Peter! :)

Now I have a little question about HOW SRS works...

I see, if I have a forward, Exim rewrites the sender (return-path) in a
syntax as SRS0=XWYKL=IC=<domain_sender>=<localpart_sender>@<mydomain>

OK! I can see the original sender and the destination MTA can verify my SPF
information using "@<mydomain>". All right!

I read in http://www.openspf.org/SRS that SRS adds this has (in my case:
XWYKL=IC) to prevent open relays, and to limit the time this address lives.

I see in http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/SRS that it is possible to use a DB to
save this information, but I don't understood why...
I tryed, with ngrep, to trace what happens, hoping that the destination MTA
try to ask my MTA if the address is valid. It does not seems to do that.
And MY Exim seems not to save this hash, too!

Can someone explain me what exactly this hash is good for? I didn't found an
exhaustive answer in the docs...

Thanks a lot!
--
Luca Bertoncello

IMS Internet-Media-Service GmbH
Bayrische Str. 18
01069 Dresden

Geschäftsführer: Axel C.E. Wittig
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Dresden HRB 12 899

Fon: +49 351 2112034
Fax: +49 351 2112020
E-Mail: bertoncello@???