Re: [exim] Exim 5: suggestion for string expansions

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 5: suggestion for string expansions
On 23/02/07, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams@???> wrote:
> At 2007-02-23 15:42:30 +0100, holmgren@??? wrote:
> >
> > Let's create the suggested new mailing list, shall we?
>
> I strongly feel the discussion of Exim's future should continue on the
> existing list. That's where the people interested in Exim development
> are now. What's the advantage of making them subscribe elsewhere?

To enable the exim-users list to continue to work for the many people
here who are not particularly interested in the future of the project.
This list is here to support Exim users, and when there's traffic
which significantly diverges from that purpose, it's time to fork the
list.

A thread on 'why doesn't this ACL work' doesn't live on the same list
as a thread on how the expansion variable syntax could change in a
release of the code a year away.

Peter
--
Peter Bowyer