Re: [exim] Exim 5: suggestion for string expansions

Author: Michael Sprague
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 5: suggestion for string expansions
Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:
> At 2007-02-23 15:42:30 +0100, holmgren@??? wrote:
>> Let's create the suggested new mailing list, shall we?
>
> I strongly feel the discussion of Exim's future should continue on the
> existing list. That's where the people interested in Exim development
> are now. What's the advantage of making them subscribe elsewhere?

What about the 'Topics' feature of mailman? From the mailman docs:

"The topic filter categorizes each incoming email message according to
regular expression filters you specify below. If the message's Subject:
or Keywords: header contains a match against a topic filter, the message
is logically placed into a topic bucket. Each user can then choose to
only receive messages from the mailing list for a particular topic
bucket (or buckets). Any message not categorized in a topic bucket
registered with the user is not delivered to the list."

I know most people would not want to restrict messages to only an Exim 5
topic, but maybe mailman adds a header to the outgoing message that
could be filtered on (e.g. may be Keywords: header)?

thanks,
mikeS

--
Michael F. Sprague     | mfs@???