Re: [exim] Exim 5

Author: Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 5
On 08/02/07, Zbigniew Szalbot <zbyszek@???> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Which source code management system to use is up to those who are going
> > to be doing the development in future. I have no experience with anything
>
> I am watching the discussion here but do not see much traffic with regard
> to future development. Can I ask what the plans are for it? Who is going
> to develop exim once Philips calls it a day? Can we as a community expect
> some continuity? Will the license change? I guess we are all very
> interested to learn more.

The 'we' that need to know the answers is the same 'we' that needs to
decide, and a subset of 'we' needs to do the work - there's no
backroom committee which will come up with the Future of Exim... as
yet, there are no such plans.

I'm not sure if this discussion necessarily belongs on exim-users -
not with any intent to take it behind closed doors, but it doesn't mix
well with the day-to-day support discussions here. exim-tng perhaps?

Any thoughts, anyone?

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer