Re: [exim] Adding disclaimer with exim-4

Author: John Sullivan
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding disclaimer with exim-4
> the only thing I want to know is, how to add alterMIME to
> exim as transport ?

I have just tried it with these settings on FreeBSD 6.1 with Exim 4.66:

Create router with whatever conditions you require along the lines of:
  disclaimer:
    driver = dnslookup
    transport = disclaimer_smtp

And a transport that looks something like:
  disclaimer_smtp:
    driver = smtp
    transport_filter = /usr/local/bin/altermime --input=- --disclaimer=/usr/local/etc/exim/textdisclaimer
--disclaimer-html=/usr/local/etc/exim/htmldisclaimer
    size_addition = -1

In /usr/local/etc/exim/textdisclaimer write the plain disclaimer that you want added to plain text messages. In
/usr/local/etc/exim/htmldisclaimer put your fancy HTML disclaimer. Stop and start Exim and give it a test ... Not sure what happens
if something goes wrong with alterMIME or if a corrupt message is encountered but I am sure if you watch the logs for a while you
will be able to work it out.

:-)

Priz